So far I have installed a 2"/3" drop with spindles up front and blocks in the back so with the factory drop its sitting about 3.5"/5" lower than stock. I also have been working hard to replace the interior with 2003 parts so I can get the black microfiber fabric instead of the pattern cr@p that came with the 2001 editions. All I have left is door panels and I'm done.
Well one thing I have discovered over the years is that I really have no time to upgrade the truck so I'm going to do what any American will do and outsource.
Hopefully before the end of the year I'll have the following list of mods applied
- Corvette Z06 Disk Brakes (Front and Rear) I love the red calipers and have wanted big brakes for years (since the truck needs a brake job there is no time like the present)
- To show of the brakes I'm going to replace the 20" rims I have now with a set of 19" Bonspeed Atom wheels. 8" wide up front and 10" wide in back. That will give me the "hot rod" dish out back and enough space to show off the hot new brakes I'll be getting
- New performance cylinder head, the truck has the stock 2.2l 4cylinder engine and while it does get some good mileage it lacks in top end power. Getting the engine to breath better will help with that.
- New camshaft. the 2.2L in my truck can also be found in the Chevy Cavalier and thanks to the tuner community I can get a hopped up bump stick that should do wonders with the new cylinder head.
- Turbo!! Yes there is a company out there that makes a bolt on turbo for my truck and they claim with stock internals you can get 200 horses at the rear wheel. Combined with a cylinder head and camshaft I should be getting a little more. The shop I asked to do the work claims they will custom build the manifold and other parts so while it won't be a kit the end result should be the same.
- New paint and front spoiler the Xtreme trucks feature a lower stance and ground effects. When I bought the truck the front spoiler had been damaged but still looked pretty good. I plan to have some of the body work done and have the front spoiler replaced with something, either stock or aftermarket
This is a pretty big list and all of the work I could do myself but time is not on my side. Assuming the estimate comes in and is affordable I might have the truck I always wanted.