News

DDR333 Chipsets from Intel

Published: | Posted By:

The big news so far is a a few new chipset releases from Intel featuring official DDR333 memory support, Hyper-Threading, and PC1066 RDRAM. We all know that Rambus is on its way out in Intel's eyes and Hyper-Threading won't become a reality until the 3.0GHz processors are released later this year leaving the yummy stuff to be DDR333.

"Intel has released quite a few 845 chipsets in 2002. In fact, after today's official announcement, Intel will have released seven different 845 chipsets this year alone, not including the first 845 chipset that was introduced late last year (PC133-only). These chipsets include the 845D, 845E, 845G and 845GL not to mention today's announcements of the 845PE, 845GE and 845GV. "

Given the virtual alphabet soup of i845 chipsets out there I can imagine this announcement doesn't make many motherboard makers happy. Just imagine the unique inventory problems this could create.

On a side note Soltek released a bios update for the SL-85DR-C allowing you to overclock the i845D chipset to run 533MHz P4's. cool smile

Related Web URL: http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=1723