News

Gigabyte B550 Vision D @ Guru3D

Published: | Posted By:

Every once in awhile a motherboard comes around that really makes an impression.  Maybe it is the over the top RGB or even the extremely overbuilt VRM but nothing drops the panties faster than a motherboard with clean lines and almost apple like flair.

Thing is we have been conditioned to feel that certain types of motherboards are better than others and at first glance the Gigabyte B550 Vision D is just another understated, un-overclockable motherboard with style that will live out its life enclosed in a solid box surrounded by dirt.

Oh, and I love this intro paragraph.

Built-in the ATX form-factor, the design resembles GB’s Designaire models. Make no mistake, this is a high-end product. It should provide excellent stability, and boasts features not to be found in cheaper models. The design is very attractive: it’s very subtle, and doesn’t scream “I have a big-a** radiator and lots of RGB”. The GIGABYTE B550 Vision D uses a black-and-white contrasting design, with white heatsinks on an all-black PCB. This is a 30.5 x 24.4 cm, ATX-factor product equipped with a B550 chipset, and it offers such features as 14 -phase power design, 2x Gigabit Ethernet and a built-in Wi-Fi receiver. Priced at about 260 USD

Sadly, I think motherboard designs have gotten a little excessive.  Sure, I love the backplates and decorative heatsinks but for a product that is designed for creators, a demographic that knows shit about computers, it doesn't need much.

Related Web URL: https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/gigabyte-b55...