News

Patriot Viper Venom RGB DDR5 7400 CL36 2x16 GB @ Guru3D

Published: | Posted By:

Funny story,  I was a big fan of Patriot memory when the company first started selling modules and for two reasons. 

• They offered modules with red heatspreaders which matched a foxconn motherboard I was reviewing
  • They offered the same red modules in a DDR ECC variant that allowed me to overclock the foxconn board without issue

Since then the relationship had been rocky, their products were "meh" at best and for a good number of years they refused to provide samples, likely because they knew their stuff was junk.

Fast Forward to the past several years and the company has made a signafigant about face by offering some high quality memory modules, NVMe M.2 SSD drives and maybe one of the best USB drives I have ever used.

Patriot Viper Venom RGB 7400 CL36 memory is the kit we will present today. It’s not the first DDR5 set from that company on guru3d. Almost a year ago, the Viper Venom 6200 CL40 was checked. The sample we’re reviewing is the best of the series. There’s also the Elite 5 (RGB/Non-RGB), which can achieve up to 7000 MHz and capacities of up to 96GB, and if you want the most performance, there’s Viper Extreme 5 series, where you can get even an 8000 MHz frequency memory (and the lowest available is 7600 MHz)

The Venom line of modules have been spot on when it comes to performance and the heatspreader design isnt' too bad either.

Related Web URL: https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/patriot-vipe...