Tech News

• AMD Crap

Published: Sunday, January 27, 2002 | By: Dennis

Our Mac correspondent Talon sent over this news blurb showing a scan of the new Athlon XP 3000+ running at 2660MHz. cool smile

• AVC 117140 "Sunflower" Heatsink Review @ FrostyTech

Published: Saturday, January 26, 2002 | By: Dennis

I really like Frosty Tech's heatsink reviews they cover everything that is important about a heatsink and even give you a sound clip of the heatsink in action.

• Soltek SL-75DRV4 Review @ Active Hardware

Active Hardware has been busy with reviews this week. First it was the Abit BD7 RAID and now the much talked about SL-75DRV4 motherboard from Soltek.

• Soyo P4S Dragon Ultra Review @ Target PC

I will commend Soyo on their ability to keep with a theme in their motherboard designs and yes, I'm speaking about the Soyo Dragon.

Target PC was able to get the latest board in the Dragon series, The P4S Dragon Ultra based on the SiS645 chipset. Though the scores are not the board looks quite impressive check it out.

• Antec SX635 Review @ ClubOC

Published: Friday, January 25, 2002 | By: Dennis

Here is another review of the newest Performance Series case from Antec. In general Antec cases have become quite popular with the overclocking and casemodding crowd, they are built strong and actually provide excellent cooling right out of the box. You can expect to see this case in the Ninjalane Labs quite soon.

• Abit SD7-533 "mini" Review @ Guia do Hardware

Published: Friday, January 25, 2002 | By: Dennis

The site is in Portuguese but google does a pretty good job at translating the page to english. If you are curious about the new SiS645 board from Abit check out this site.

On a related note here is the spec page directly from Abit for the SD7-533.

• Quad Band Memory by Years End

Published: Thursday, January 24, 2002 | By: Dennis

400MHz and 533MHz DDR memory by years end is the claim with the good news being that they are right inline with P4 bus speeds or an extreme overclock on an Athlon system.

• Asus vs. Abit @ Hot Hardware

Two new motherboards based on the i845D chipset go head to head and end up in what would be called a draw. Now everyone knows there are no "draws" in hardware so, pick your favorite and lets move on tongue smile

• Ramsinks and Heatspreaders

I just ordered some Corsair memory that came with some of these and I'm wondering if I got ripped. We will know in a few days.

• Soltek SL-85DRV3 Review @ t-break

Published: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 | By: Dennis

This is the new P4 board from Soltek based on the PX4 series chipsets. What makes this board special from a specs standpoint is the usage of the A revision of the PX4266 Northbridge and the VT8233A Southbridge which supports ATA133. All things aside this chipset is still "illegal" in Intel's eyes.