Tech News

• Got Voodoo? - Get Verto!

Published: Monday, November 26, 2001 | By: Dennis

This is probably the coolest thing I have ever heard a large corporation doing for customers that got the sh17 end of the stick due to a corporate buyout. PNY Technologies and Nvidia have started an online redemption promotion to allow end-users of 3dfx cards to get money back when they buy a PNY video card.

• Long xbox Weekend

Published: Monday, November 26, 2001 | By: Dennis

Wow, 4 days without news. Sorry bout that I must have lost track of time. You see on the 23rd we got one of them xboxs and things haven't been the same since. I'll have some photos up a little later.

Until then I'll see about getting some news posted, if you have any idea what has been happening in the world of high tech feel free to drop us a line

• Mushkin High Performance Memory Review @ Planet Savage

Published: Thursday, November 22, 2001 | By: Dennis

PC133 memory is still alive and kicking in today's hardware world though we don't know for how long. Anyhow one of the top companies in High Performance memory design, Muskin, has a new SDRAM part out that looks pretty sweet. It is a CAS 2-2-2 PC150MHz part that even comes with a heat spreader.

• ADK Modded Aluminum Case @ Rizenet

This is a short review of a pre-modded GlobalWin 8070 Aluminum case. The case looks pretty cool though what is the fun in buying a pre-modded case when its so much fun to do yourself?? Then again some people just don't have enough time and plenty of money.

• Happy Thanksgiving

For those of you in the United States Happy Thanksgiving. big grin smile. I will have some news items later today. In the mean time go eat some Turkey.

• Return to Castle Wolfenstein Tin Box

Published: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 | By: Dennis

Well I got my collector edition Return to Castle Wolfenstein Tin Box this evening and started playing when I got home. Except for the occasional BSOD the game is loads of fun to play.

So what is so special about the tin box? Not much really, in the box you get the game, manual, a Wolfenstein iron on patch and poster. Plus if you where able to get the Quake3 tin you will have a matching set.

• Playboy Gets Hacked

Published: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 | By: Dennis

pr0n is big business and who better to attack but the high profile and greedy. wink smile

Seriously speaking this stresses the importance on Internet security not only for the online consumer but also to the company providing the service. Keep in mind that nothing is secure on the web, and if you choose to conduct your business on the web you run the risk of this happening to you.

• Try 2 Hack

Published: Monday, November 19, 2001 | By: Dennis

Here is something fun, a site that gives you a chance at hacking without getting in trouble. The challenge isn't really that difficult, I made it to the 5th level in about 30min.

• Comdex Motherboards @ Anandtech

Anandtech rounds up all of the motherboards that they saw at Comdex and gives us a peek into what we can expect to see this next year, very interesting to say the least.

• Shuttle AV45GTR Review @ Tbreak

T-Break gets to have all the fun this time they review a new P4 motherboard from shuttle, and this one is even based on the VIA P4X266A chipset. I think the Shuttle name rings a bell in all of us, not because of its flashy colors or strange name, "Spacewalker", but rather because just about everyone has owned a Shuttle motherboard at least once in their lifetime.