Tech News

• How to Hack Hotmail

Published: Monday, August 20, 2001 | By: Dennis

I haven't tried this but my first thought after reading this post was. "Some people have too much time on their hands" But really if you know anything about how web programming works its not that hard to understand.

UPDATE: the unoffical word from our sources at Microsoft say the hotmail bug will be fixed today.

• MsConfig for Windows2000

Published: Sunday, August 19, 2001 | By: Dennis

What can I say it works. Many of these features are accessible in the control panel either by the system icon or in Admin tools. Though the nice thing about msconfig is that all of them are in one place.

• Stealth CD-Rom Cover

Published: Thursday, August 16, 2001 | By: Dennis

This is one of the silliest things that I've ever seen. Still you have to admit it is pretty crafty and much easier than simply painting it.

We have our own Steath mod here at Ninjalane quite happy with how it turned out too.

• Gigabyte 7DXR Review @ the Duke of URL

The Duke of URL, one of my Web Developer friends used to call himself that and many times we had to ask permission to enter his domain. (Yes I know a little dry though it was too humorous to pass up.)

When this board was first announced I decided to get on the list and pre-order the 7DXR. Never again, not more than 2 weeks ago did it finally show up. Expect a review of this board soon.

• KDE 2.2 Ready for Enterprise Deployment

Available in 34 languages, KDE is one of the top Desktop Environments available for Linux and Unix. KDE will run all all of your 'nix machines and make administration easy and in some cases fun!

• Soyo K7VDragon Review @ NewsForge

Published: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 | By: Dennis

Soyo strikes back and this time with a colorful motherboard who's name is actually an acronym for what the board does. DDR SDRAM, RAID controller on board, Audio on board, Graphics (representing the AGP Pro slot), Overclocking and Networking.

• New Radeon Preview @ Anandtech

Published: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 | By: Dennis

Anandtech takes a preview look at the new Radeon video cards from ATI. I am pretty impressed with the preview and really surprised with the benches, this pre-production video card is almost on par with the GeForce 3.

Though if memory serves the original Radeon was faster than the GeForce 2 of the time and not more than a few weeks later Nvidia answers back with the GeForce 2 Ultra and jumps back to the top again.

• 2GHz Xeon Processors go to Hollywood

Published: Monday, August 13, 2001 | By: Dennis

Remember all of them CGI movies?? Well they need to be rendered somehow.

I've always had a soft spot for computer animation and right now I'm getting the urge to dust off that copy of 3dsmax.

• Kill Port 80

Published: Monday, August 13, 2001 | By: Dennis

With Code Red in full effect AT&T has opted to shutdown incoming web traffic to their residential cable modem customers. This won't effect web browsing but will hinder access to the web servers that aren't supposed to be there anyway. Though this sounds like a good idea and could reclaim some of the bandwidth that is being consumed by Code Red from the outside it won't stop further infection unless everyone running IIS patches their system.

• Wireless networking encryption broken

Published: Saturday, August 11, 2001 | By: Dennis

Wirelles LAN Encryption is broken. Passive techniques have been used to definitively break the encryption scheme. Researchers are going as far as to say, treat your wireless networks as external!