Tech News

• More on TruForm

Published: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 | By: Dennis

TruForm is starting to become a hot item. I haven't really read this article yet, but from the quick glance it looks to be saying the same stuff that GameSpot did.

• New Business Direction for ATI

It looks like ATI will now be following in the footsteps of Nvidia and the late 3Dfx by allowing board Mfg. to produce products based on their video processor chips. The entire press release is on the ATI website.

I can see it now "Hercules Radeon 2 Prophet 6400".

• Mis-configured proxy

A mis-configured proxy server on the Excite@home network allowed anyone with internet access and a little know how to access the internal network. Not a good thing considering that I'm a part of that network, The problem has since been resolved. Read more at The Register.

• ATI TruForm

Published: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 | By: Dennis

ATI did say that they would have a card out later this year to compete with the GeForce3. It looks like TruForm is the DirectX 8 Technology behind that card.

GameSpot has more on the subject of polygons and TruForm.

• Gigabyte 7DXR Review @ FullOn3D

Published: Sunday, May 27, 2001 | By: Dennis

This looks to be a really good board it has DDR memory support, onboard RAID, and doesn't use the sissy ALI chipset. Look for this board to be included into the gaming section of this website sometime next month.

• 2Ghz Intel Processor by Next Quarter

Published: Friday, May 25, 2001 | By: Dennis

The Register claims that Intel will in fact be releasing a 2Ghz Pentium 4 by the 3rd quarter of this year. Now since the 2Ghz unit has been on the roadmap since the beginning of this year the news isn't really news but an attempt to ramp up early sales.

• More Xeon Stuff @ Accelenation

Published: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 | By: Dennis

Not quite the same view as Anandtech but still an interesting read. Accelenation takes a look at Dual Xeon 1.7Ghz processors on the Iwill DX400-SN Motherboard.

• The New Xeon is Released

Anandtech takes a look at the new Xeon version of the P4 along with what motherboards are available. I must say I'm impressed with the new Xeon, the question now is will I get one in the near future?.... You never know.

• Game Theater XP Review @ HotHardware

With the many problems I've had with my Sound Blaster Live I'm about to give Creative the boot and switch to something cooler. Originally it was Aureal though with the buyout some time ago and lack of any good Win2k drivers I was back to using my SBL.

Enter the Game Theater, Look for one of these to be included in our new gaming system which will be showcased in the gaming section.

• Britney Spears: The Video Game

Published: Sunday, May 20, 2001 | By: Dennis

“Experience Britney”, a new console video game where you can get 360 degree First Person view of the young pop star during one of her concert tours. You are even allowed to go backstage after the show, Pretty cool. Look for the new DVD in stores towards the end of this year.

It will be interesting to see how many of us would be buyers will request that the game be put in a brown paper sack??