After careful consideration I have decided to transfer all hardware review activities to a new domain.  I purchased Hardwareasylum.com in 2012 and have been working hard to build a new and improved Ninjalane on that domain.  If you are reading this you have reached one of the archived articles, news, projects and/or reviews that were left behind during the site migration. 

Please update your bookmarks and be sure to visit the new and improved Ninjalane at Hardwareasylum.com

• articles
  • events
  • CES 2009 Consumer Electronics Show - Day 3
  • CES 2009 Consumer Electronics Show - Day 3

Author:
    Published:

Asus

The highlight of the Asus booth was the EeePC which comprised the majority of the exhibit space.  A small subset was dedicated to a variety of motherboards, custom laptops and gaming gear.
    We saw this laptop at Computex, it’s nice to see they are still exploring the use of bamboo in the shell.
    Several companies had touch screen displays,  I’d expect that most everyone will have something like this in their house within the year,  The only difficult part is actually typing on something like this but it does let you play solitaire pretty well.
    The mobos vary from Micro ATX boards to high end workstation platforms.  A good majority of them are X58 enabled.