Tech News

• Pentium 4 2.66GHz C1 Overclocking @ BlorgOC

Published: Thursday, September 26, 2002 | By: Dennis

We have see thing time and time again, A processor is released and as the mfg. process gets more refined new steppings are made and processor speeds increase. BlorgOC has one of the new C1 Pentium 4's and is letting us know what it can do.

"WOW!! 3.31GHz, straight off, with just that little increase in core voltage. The DDR ram was running an incredible 220MHz (440MHz DDR), which turned out to be the maximum of this particular stick at 2.65v. Lets run a few tests at 3.31GHz..."

Not to shabby. cool smile

• Unreal Tournament 2003 Demo Makes History

"Atari today announced that the trial version of Unreal Tournament 2003 has already become one of the most popular game demo debuts of all time with nearly 1.2 million downloads between its debut last Friday night, September 13 and Wednesday, September 18. "

I would believe it, there was something like 800+ people waiting in line at FilePlanet when I tried to pull it down over the weekend.

• Hercules 3D Prophet 9700PRO Pictures @ ExtremeCooling.org

" The 3D Prophet 9700 PRO features a Huge Full Copper Cooler and a rear heatsink on the back of the card. Memory heatsinks are included on both cards."

Not to mention the cr4p 455 Kyro cooler on the 9000Pro. It will be interesting to see how they hold up.

• nForce2 Shipments in October

Published: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 | By: Dennis

"Supporting the DDR400, AGP 8x, USB 2.0, IEEE 1394 and ATA-133 standards, the nForce2 has been promoted as a competitive, highly-integrated chipset solution. However, affected by the unsatisfactory standards test results, supporting motherboards have not been seen on the market much since the chipset roll-out."

Do you suppose nVidia built in support for the new 333MHz FSB Athlon processors??

• 64-Bit Processor for Macintosh

Published: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 | By: Dennis

Wouldn't it be so typical of Apple to be the first to have 64-bit processing on the desktop before the PC? It would appear that IBM might be the ones to make it happen.

• No SOI Process for the Barton-core Athlon XP

SOI stands for silicon-on-insulator and promises to lower power consumption of modern processors.

"However, the FSB (front-side bus) and cache memory specification upgrades to 333MHz and 512K, respectively, remain unchanged."

Design changes abound in the AMD camp, and that's fine I just want to see what the new processor is able to do. cool smile

• No News - Yet

Tech news is seriously lacking today, I found a few reviews but nothing really that caught my eye. If you happen to see something that you would like to share feel free to send it in.

Of course you can always check out the Ninjalane World News section. There is bound to be something of interest. wink smile

• VIA fills KT333 shortage with remarked KT400

Published: Monday, September 23, 2002 | By: Dennis

Digitimes is reporting that due to a shortage and eventual "phase-out" of the KT333 chipset they are going to start selling remarked KT400 chipsets as KT333 parts. This change does pose a problem for motherboard makers in that the new remarked chip cannot be applied to current KT333 PCB's.

"The major specification difference between the current KT400 and the remarked version lies in their AGP technology support. The present KT400 supports AGP 8x, while the remarked chipset offers only AGP 4x graphics function."

• Albatron GeForce4 Ti 4200 Turbo Review @ EXHardware

Published: Friday, September 20, 2002 | By: Dennis

This is one of the most custom geForce4 Ti 4200 cards that I've see in recent months. The card has a copper GPU cooler, ramsinks and features tinyBGA memory instead of the recommended TOSP. It is quite an amazing low-end card.

• Albatron GeForce4 Ti 4400 Review @ got|apex?

Published: Friday, September 20, 2002 | By: Dennis

After Hercules backed out of the nVidia video card market many of use wondered where we would get our fix of blue video card PCBs. got|apex? has a shinny new Albatron geForce4 Ti 4400 that might just fit the bill.