Tech News

• i845E Review @ Finclockers

Published: Monday, May 6, 2002 | By: Dennis

Based on the specs the i845E looks to be an i845D with support for the new 533MHz Pentium 4 processors. Most of the content is not in English but there are plenty of photos.

• Akiba has Photos of the GeForce4 Ti4200

For us english speaking peeps only a select few of the words will make sense but the pictures speak volumes. I even spy a Gainward GS towards the bottom. cool smile

• Angelina Wants to Pole Dance

She also wants to walk around half-naked, hummm tongue smile
    "The 26-year-old said: "Nothing is as sexy as the pole will be. I'm sure that I will experiment with it. I'm really excited.""

• Intel 533MHz FSB Northwood Processor Launch Today

Published: Sunday, May 5, 2002 | By: Dennis

Just about everyone with a website and a connection will have a review of this new processor from Intel, and once again I'm not part of the "everyone" group so instead I'll be posting the short list of who is.
    [H]ard|OCP
    SimHQ
    TweakTown
    Anandtech

Of course more will surface as the day wears on, if you know of any let me know.

• Holes in .Net??.. but of course

Published: Friday, May 3, 2002 | By: Dennis

With a complex framework of systems such as .Net you get many convenience features that make building applications quick and easy. With that you also have to be careful how you configure and program your systems. The bad part is the documentation is teaching insecure programming.
    ""Most developer resources are wrong!" he wrote in a slide, adding that each of the five most popular ASP.Net books fails to mention at least one of several common .Net security problems."

• New Ticker for New HP/Compaq Company

HP is going to change the New York stock ticker from HWP to HPQ. Carly had this to say "Our new trading symbol is a tribute to the contribution of both companies as we come together to build the new HP."

• Intel "All Over" Possible Bug Scare

The article doesn't state what Intel processor(s) could be affected though considering that this sort of thing is closely monitored I really doubt it will be an issue.

• Ninjalane Message Forum Update

Yesterday I released a major code and database update to the Ninjalane Message Forums. The updates include forum thread count, thread view count, increased forum security, increased message thread security, shorter URL's, (less querystring errors), forum code update ([code] stuff is stored in the database instead of HTML code), message replies can be seen while you are replying to a thread, copyright has been added.

The next update will occur during the Ninjalane v2 site refresh by allowing Ninjalane color themes to carry over into the forum.
    Please go forth Register, Post, and enjoy. big grin smile

• Nvidia and the Military

Published: Thursday, May 2, 2002 | By: Dennis

FiringSquad has an interesting piece on how Quantum3D and Nvidia are breaking into the military market by using Quantum3D's connections and Nvidia's graphics processors.

• New Smaller Chip from Nvidia

Published: Wednesday, May 1, 2002 | By: Dennis

Nvidia is set to announce a new chip using the new 0.13 micron process based on the GeForce4 architecture. The article also covers some of the financial questions around Nvidia and overall the outcome looks pretty good.