Tech News

• Gainward Ultra/750XP Review @ t-break.

Published: Wednesday, March 6, 2002 | By: Dennis

I have no idea how much this card will cost but looking at the line of accessories the card comes with the $399 Ti4600 price tag seems a little low. One thing is for sure the Ultra/750XP will eventually make it into a computer near me.

• Intel Prestonia Xeon 2.2GHz Review @ GamePC

Published: Wednesday, March 6, 2002 | By: Dennis

When you first see a Xeon processor you almost think old school P4 though in fact it is far from that. The Xeon line is aimed at the highest of high-end has more pins (603), a larger pin footprint, and supports SMP. Actually from a spec standpoint the Xeon P$ (<- spendy P4) is quite similar to the Northwood.

• SiS645DX Reference Board Review @ OCworkbench

Published: Tuesday, March 5, 2002 | By: Dennis

DDR333 and DDR400 in the same SiS645 package as before. If you remember I reported that the Soltek SL-85DRS2 had documented provisions for DDR400 along with 133FSB but where disabled in the bios. I can see a future revision to the Soltek 85DRS motherboard in the near future.

• Pentium 4 2.4GHz News @ The Inquirer

They say its 'not bad' and its not but found something funny towards the bottom.
    "On Sandra 2002 tests, the 2.5GHz part returned 4677Mips, 1250 FPU Mflops and 2897 SSE2 Mflops."
    Chalk one up for Andrew wink smile

• Teddy Bear Switch

Isn't that sweet! happy smile Stuff like this would make perfect camouflage for a super secret network. Agent "ClydeFrog" handles packet filtering. Agent "Freedom" high atop of the bookcase stretches his wings on the Wi-Fi. Agent "Shadow", the panther, handles intrusion detection and packet sniffing. Lastly we have agent "Teddy" who is in charge of connections. cool smile

• Gainward Ti4600 Photos Posted

Published: Monday, March 4, 2002 | By: Dennis

This is the first time I've seen actually 3rd party photos of this card so retail sales should be right around the corner. cool smile

• Pentium 4 2.2GHz Review @ 3D Velocity

This may seem like old news but 3D Velocity has posted a review/article on the 2.2GHz Northwood processor.

• Build Your Own Rail Gun

Now you to can be a space marine with your very own rail gun.

• Linux for PlayStation2

Published: Saturday, March 2, 2002 | By: Dennis

The rumors are true; there is a linux project for the PS2. By the looks of it this site is an independent project since the rumors pointed to Sony actually building the destro but I could be wrong.

• Anandtech, IDF Day 4

Published: Friday, March 1, 2002 | By: Dennis

Personally I think this is the best IDF info thus far, We have not only Serial ATA but Serial ATA II, Fiber LCD monitor connections, and a pretty red ServerWorks dually board on page 4.