Tech News

• Teddy Bear Switch

Published: Tuesday, March 5, 2002 | By: Dennis

Isn't that sweet! happy smile Stuff like this would make perfect camouflage for a super secret network. Agent "ClydeFrog" handles packet filtering. Agent "Freedom" high atop of the bookcase stretches his wings on the Wi-Fi. Agent "Shadow", the panther, handles intrusion detection and packet sniffing. Lastly we have agent "Teddy" who is in charge of connections. cool smile

• Gainward Ti4600 Photos Posted

Published: Monday, March 4, 2002 | By: Dennis

This is the first time I've seen actually 3rd party photos of this card so retail sales should be right around the corner. cool smile

• Pentium 4 2.2GHz Review @ 3D Velocity

This may seem like old news but 3D Velocity has posted a review/article on the 2.2GHz Northwood processor.

• Build Your Own Rail Gun

Now you to can be a space marine with your very own rail gun.

• Linux for PlayStation2

Published: Saturday, March 2, 2002 | By: Dennis

The rumors are true; there is a linux project for the PS2. By the looks of it this site is an independent project since the rumors pointed to Sony actually building the destro but I could be wrong.

• Anandtech, IDF Day 4

Published: Friday, March 1, 2002 | By: Dennis

Personally I think this is the best IDF info thus far, We have not only Serial ATA but Serial ATA II, Fiber LCD monitor connections, and a pretty red ServerWorks dually board on page 4.

• Britney Email Worm

It would appear that Briteny Spears is in the spotlight again this time with an e-mail worm named after her.
    "The bug, labeled variously as "VBS/Britney-A" and "VBS_BRITNEYPIC.A," is considered low risk because it has infected a small number of computer users in Europe since it was initially detected on Thursday morning, computer experts said."

• Casemoddin, The way it should be

This guy salvaged some SGI Iris Indigo cases from the trash and converted it into a PC case for his home.

• New heat dissipation methods unveiled by Intel

Published: Thursday, February 28, 2002 | By: Dennis

In a way this sounds like a AVC "Sunflower" design with a fan shroud. Without seeing a photo it?s hard to tell. If anyone happens across one please send it in.

• Anand Impressed wth the "Hammer"

Published: Thursday, February 28, 2002 | By: Dennis

When I saw the processor package the first thing I thought of was the P4. AMD is using a similar heat spreader on the "Hammers" to help dissipate heat and reduce the chance of cracked cores. They also have quite a few more pins, 754 on the ClawHammer and 940 pins on the SledgeHammer. shock smile