After careful consideration I have decided to transfer all hardware review activities to a new domain.  I purchased Hardwareasylum.com in 2012 and have been working hard to build a new and improved Ninjalane on that domain.  If you are reading this you have reached one of the archived articles, news, projects and/or reviews that were left behind during the site migration. 

Please update your bookmarks and be sure to visit the new and improved Ninjalane at Hardwareasylum.com

• reviews
  • motherboards
  • DFI LanPartyUT 915P-T12 Review
  • DFI LanPartyUT 915P-T12 Review

Author:
    Published:

Introduction

DFI hit things huge last year with the introduction of their enthusiast ready motherboards dubbed the LanParty series. These boards featured an entire host of goodies designed to address many of the things that hardware enthusiasts and case modders wanted.
    A new version of the LanParty series has spawned that follows many of the same principals found in the original called the LanPartyUT. These boards have the same onboard features found on the regular LanParty boards though are designed for a much larger and conservative crowd.

Btw: I have no idea what the UT means though I suspect it is short for "UV On, Tweak Fun" or could be something crazy like "Ultra Twister". In short I have no clue, so don't ask. wink smile
    In this review we will be looking at the DFI LanPartyUT 915P-T12. This board is based on the new Intel Grantsdale 915P chipset designed for LGA775 processors and features a dual channel DDR2 memory controller and integrated PCI Express. As with all LanParty motherboards the PCB is jet black with all of the major expansion slots being UV reactive. (Meaning they glow under the black light, be sure to check out the UV photos later in this review).
    The photos above show a couple of things you don't normally see. The first photo is the full screen LanPartyUT logo that is enabled by default. While this can be disabled at any time its kind of neat to see on occasion. The next photo is something that everyone with a clear acrylic case will love, a silk-screened LanParty logo on the back of the motherboard! This is very unique since the back of any motherboard is normally reserved for warranty stickers and general ugliness.