After careful consideration I have decided to transfer all hardware review activities to a new domain.  I purchased Hardwareasylum.com in 2012 and have been working hard to build a new and improved Ninjalane on that domain.  If you are reading this you have reached one of the archived articles, news, projects and/or reviews that were left behind during the site migration. 

Please update your bookmarks and be sure to visit the new and improved Ninjalane at Hardwareasylum.com

• reviews
  • video
  • Gigabyte Radeon HD5750 Silent Cell Video Card Review
  • Gigabyte Radeon HD5750 Silent Cell Video Card Review

Author:
    Published:

Card Layout and Features

The Gigabyte Radeon HD 5750 has a very striking appearance with the huge passive heatsink.  This heatsink extends beyond the PCB edges to capture as much airflow as possible.

In terms of size the Radeon HD 5750 is similar in length to the HD 5770.
    There are no special heat spreaders found on the memory chips, however from the back of the board you can clearly see how large the Silent Cell cooler really is. 
    Outputs on the Gigabyte Radeon HD 5750 are as follows; 2 x DVI (DVI-I and DVI-D), 1x Analog D-SUB, and a single HDMI.
    Two Crossfire bridges can be found across the top of the card.  We are glad to see these make a comeback after finding only one on the Gigabyte Radeon HD 5770 we reviewed.  Having more than one crossfire bridge allows you to link more than 2 cards together in a typical Crossfire configuration.
    Under all of that aluminum and heatpipe you'll find a single 6-pin power connector, this was actually difficult to find at first, but it is there.
    The included goodies are pretty slim with the HD 5750, but understandable.  In the box you will find a installation manual and driver disk, basically everything you need to quickly get up and running.