Tech News

• Nvidia Mania's Day

Published: Tuesday, November 5, 2002 | By: Dennis

Not much to report here since the page is really just a bunch of pictures. Check out the NV30 fun facts.
    "More floating point power than a Cray SV-1 Supercomputer"
    Thats alot tongue smile

• CP-100 Pentium 4 Liquid Heatsink

Published: Monday, November 4, 2002 | By: Dennis

This is actually a pretty neat idea, phj34r the babblephish. tongue smile
    " As for the mechanism of the cooling " CP-100 ", those which heat are sent to the fin top from the heat sink by the fact that it circulates the liquid of the tank which is attached to both sides. The tank of the liquid entering is utilized in place of the heat pipe, perhaps it is easy to understand, you say. Furthermore, this liquid being the water, or being special ones, details are unclear. "
    Here is a (also found at AKIBA.)

• Doom ]|[ Leaked Over the Weekend

Published: Monday, November 4, 2002 | By: Dennis

As you can guess John Carmak is pissed and after further investigation it would appear that ATI is to blame (or someone at ATI).I have also heard reports that the Alpha of Doom ]|[ is only playable on an ATI 9700 and pretty much runs like cr4p on the Ti4600, go figure.

• Be Sure to Load Everything

Published: Friday, November 1, 2002 | By: Dennis

I have gotten some reports of the new site looking funny with links being green and some text being black.

The reason for that can be attributed to the new stylesheet not being loaded properly. To solve the problem do the following.

press [shift] + your browsers reload/refresh button. This should reload everything from the site instead of the browser cache. happy smile

• VIA Will Request a Retrial

This lawsuit between VIA and Intel has been going on for quite some time now and VIA seems to be unwavered by it. I think this quote sums it all up.
    Other board makers said that even if VIA loses the case, which targets the P4X266 chipset only, the result would not affect VIA’s sales much, as the chipset is close to being phased out of the market now.
    To little to late?? sad smile

• Moddin an Apple

I was just speaking to Talon about this the other day and he was very quick to discredit me saying that an Apple is already modded.

He was so unsure of what he was doing, he labeled every component, including all the screws, to make sure he could figure out how to put it back together again.

"I always end up with extra screws and parts left over," he said on his website.

The result is Blue Ice, a stunning, transparent G4 tower that lights up with fluorescent blue neon and has a nifty LCD screen mounted in the front panel.

"I hit the power switch and boom, half my room glows electric, icy blue," Salas writes on his site.

Kind of sounds like he knew exactly what he was doing.

• The Search Engine Mafia

Normally I would discredit this news posting as an attempt to regain web traffic lost because Google hates them but, they do make a pretty good point."When you're No. 4 that plays well; when you fall off, you tend to lose phone traffic. And if you don't have the right relationship with Google to find out what you could have done wrong, you're out of luck," Ahern said, noting that this can have a dangerous domino effect. "If you're not ranked in Google, Yahoo won't list you. It's incestuous"

• Ninja's at Penny Arcade

Raise your hand if you have ever had sword fights with leftover paper tubes. tongue smile Yes I'm guilty too.

• Ninjalane v2.0 Released - Finally

Whoa, what is going on here?? big grin smile

Oh ya, I finally finished development on the much anticipated v2.0 of ninjalane.com. Aside from the graphics I would also like to draw your attention to the URL changes. Unlike the previous version, which was coded in Classic ASP (.asp), the new site uses ASP.net (.aspx). I ported over many of the pages from the previous site but due to consolidation some needed to be removed completely, please update your bookmarks to reflect the change.

Keep in mind that I'll be making code changes over the next couple of weeks so if a page is down or missing please check back in a couple of hours.

Thank you and enjoy!

• Happy Hallows

Published: Thursday, October 31, 2002 | By: Dennis

Considering the holiday (so to speak) and the pending "launch" schedule later this evening *hint hint* I am going to take a day off from the news, but if you have a story you think is relevant feel free to send it in. wink smile

If you are dying for some tech news check out the Ninjalane World News section.