Tech News

• Gainward Geforce4 Ti4600 Review @ Mikhailtech

Published: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 | By: Dennis

Here is another review of the very perdy Gainward Ti4600. I'm still hopeful to get one myself very soon.

• Dual P4 Coming Soon??

That is what the guys at 2cpu are saying. Not sure what to think about this bit of news but with the new Northwood processors anything is possible.

• Serial ATA Info @ Heatseekerz

Serial ATA is the up and coming drive standard that will replace the current ATA spec on desktop computers. At first Serial ATA speeds won't be that great but as the technology matures I think the time of hard drive bottlenecks will be less of a problem.

• Alpha PAL8942 Socket 478 Heatsink Review @ Club Overclocker

Published: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 | By: Dennis

Finally a review is released of the new Alpha heatsink for the P4. You may remember the retention system for this heatsink before and how I question its stability. Those things aside the cooling numbers are great. (This is where I would plug my favorite online store of cooling products if they would ever return my emails angry smile)

• The Tech Report on IBM GXP Hard Drives

It would appear that all recommendations to sell the first born for a GXP hard drive are being taken back, (sorry for those that actually did sell off their first born) and now the all eyes are on Maxtor to pull us though. For the record I have always owned Maxtor drives (since '95) and only had one give me trouble during that time. (The bearings started to go out but still worked great). I agree that IBM drives are still very fast and I am beginning to wonder if proper HDD cooling is the key since my only IBM drive failure was on the test bench with an uncooled 60GXP 40gig.

• New Advertiser

Some of you may have noticed some new banners floating around ninjalane.com, well as you may have guessed we have a new advertiser, misrcorps.com. They are a factory authorized USA distributor for Soltek which means they have full Soltek support in dealing with product issues and questions. I should also mentioned that they are also the supplier of the fine Soltek motherboards reviewed here at ninjalane.

Please do them and us a favor and check out their online store

• DNS Troubles

ninjalane.com was having some DNS issues today that included more than just the website so if you sent me any messages and got them back please resend them. Unless of course you are spamming me with your "Hey check us out we got a new webcam" cr4p.

• Hard Drive Window Mod @ Antec Asylum

Published: Monday, March 18, 2002 | By: Dennis

Windows on your hard drive isn't anything new we have seen these before, but not with a Nike swoosh. happy smile

• VisionTek XTASY GeForce4 Ti4600 Review @ Beyond3D

Published: Monday, March 18, 2002 | By: Dennis

Despite the ill-configured web server the article is quite informative, everything you wanted to know about the GeForce4 and more.

• iS645DX Performance Review @ VR-Zone

Published: Sunday, March 17, 2002 | By: Dennis

VR-Zone gets all the luck. This time they are again allowed to review a reference design of the new SiS645DX chipset from SiS. In case you didn't know this is the DDR333 enabled chipset that will support the 533MHz FSB on the P4.