Tech News

• Quad Band Memory by Years End

Published: Thursday, January 24, 2002 | By: Dennis

400MHz and 533MHz DDR memory by years end is the claim with the good news being that they are right inline with P4 bus speeds or an extreme overclock on an Athlon system.

• Asus vs. Abit @ Hot Hardware

Two new motherboards based on the i845D chipset go head to head and end up in what would be called a draw. Now everyone knows there are no "draws" in hardware so, pick your favorite and lets move on tongue smile

• Ramsinks and Heatspreaders

I just ordered some Corsair memory that came with some of these and I'm wondering if I got ripped. We will know in a few days.

• Soltek SL-85DRV3 Review @ t-break

Published: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 | By: Dennis

This is the new P4 board from Soltek based on the PX4 series chipsets. What makes this board special from a specs standpoint is the usage of the A revision of the PX4266 Northbridge and the VT8233A Southbridge which supports ATA133. All things aside this chipset is still "illegal" in Intel's eyes.

• Antec SX635 Review @ Hardware Daily

Published: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 | By: Dennis

This is actually a pretty cool looking case just waiting to be modded. It already has pretty good cooling and enough drives bays for just about any "sane" computer config. All it would need is some "personal" touches to make it stand out from the crowd.

• Netscape Seeks Damages From Microsoft

Not really a bad idea if I say so myself. I am an avid Netscape fan and would like to see the browser come back on top but being that AOL suxX0rs it probably won't happen.

• Zalman CNPS6000-Cu Fan Heatsink Review

Frosty Tech is jumping in with some heatsink reviews for the P4 478. Personally I'm partial to the copper core, aluminum finned heatsinks like the Alpha and others like it but this one looked to cool to pass up. It isn't the best cooler for the P4 but it is very quiet.

• Abit BD7 RAID i845D socket 478 @ Active Hardware

Active Hardware has the Abit 845D board on the grill and with most Abit motherboards it is quite impressive.

• EPoX 4BDA2+ Motherboard Review @ Tweakers Asylum

This board from Epox looks to be wider than the rest and the review would seem more like a round-up considering how many boards the Tweakers compared it against.

• IWill XP333-R Motherboard Review @ PC Stats

Honestly I didn't read though this review fully however I did find this quote on the front page that explains alot. " However, the absolute biggest issue with this board is the fact that Iwill calls this a DDR333 capable board. And while yes that is technically correct, and you should be able to hit 166 MHz FSB, there isn't a option in the BIOS to run your memory +33 MHz when you're running your system at stock 133 MHz FSB speeds. So in that way it is not a 'true' 333-based board like any of the newer SiS645 (P4) or the SiS745 (AMD) systems, or even for that matter VIA's up and coming KT333 chipset." sad smile