Tech News

• Stocks Take a Sharp Downturn

Published: Monday, September 17, 2001 | By: Dennis

The US stock market resumed trading today with a sharp fall in early trading. Though this isn't an uncommon occurrence and should only be a brief downturn.

On a happier note Nvidia's stock split 2 for 1 this past week so in effect my holdings have doubled big grin smile

• Dual Athlon from Gigabyte

Published: Saturday, September 15, 2001 | By: Dennis

It would appear that Tyan isn't the only company with a dual solution for AMD processors. Gigabyte has entered the AMD SMP arena with the GA-7DPXDW, complete with dual processors (sold seperatly), 64-bit PCI, and a cool blue PCB color.

As with all AKIBA news posts the site is in Japanese, though don't let that stop you from visiting. happy smile

• National Day of Rememberance

Published: Friday, September 14, 2001 | By: Dennis

Today will be filled with bells at noon and candles at night. Take a moment to remember those who had no choice in participating in the airplane attack on the United States.

• Downtime and more Downtime

Published: Thursday, September 13, 2001 | By: Dennis

I shouldn't have to say this but due to problems with my hosting provider Ninjalane has been experiencing sporadic episodes of downtime. Luckily the site is only down for about 5-10min at a time but everyday is getting annoying. We are working to solve the problem.

On another note if you know of a high quality hosting company with good rates please drop me a line.

• Abit KG7-RAID Review @ PimpRig

Published: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 | By: Dennis

I find new sites every day and this one is no exception. Unfortuanlly by the looks of it http://pimprig.com/ has been around for quite some time. If you get a chance to check out the site take a look at their latest review of the Abit KG7-RAID.

• World Trade Towers Gone

Published: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 | By: Dennis

What would today’s news be without a slight mention of the disaster in NY and Virginia. The nation is in mourning for the many people involved in the disaster and are in awe at the amount of damage caused from this attack. Personally I am very sad to have seen two very prominent pieces of Architecture reduced to rubble this afternoon, New York will never be the same again. dissapprove smile

• Ninja Hypothesis

Published: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 | By: Dennis

The Ninja Hypothesis, a site not about ninja's but rather about movies.

"a tentative assumption, stating that any sample of entertainment could be improved by the inclusion, or addition, of one or more ninja, made in order to draw out and test its logical or empirical consequences. "

I cannot say I agree with his movie reviews but I can agree that some movies could benefit from the addition of Ninja's.

• P4 Chipset Review @ Tech-Report

Published: Monday, September 10, 2001 | By: Dennis

As we all know Intel and Via have decided to sue each other over various things surrounding the Pentium 4. Via?s chipset, the P4X266, is based around DDR memory technology, Intel on the other hand now has two chipsets, one using PC133 SDRAM, the i845, and the other using Rambus DRAM, the i850.

The Tech Report has all of them and tells us how they perform.

• Last Chance to get a P3

With the birth of a new processor line the previous line must die, much like the Pentium and Pentium II the Pentium III will cease coming December 7th of 2001.

Of course you can still buy what is left of the back stock while supplies last.

• A Slight Snag in the AOL ATnT Cable Deal

Good news indeed, CNN tells us that AOL Time Warner dropped the cable deal due to money problems. approve smile So it looks like another company bit the dust in the quest to have the AT&T cable network.

I just wish they didn't sell my node off to some local provider, worse service ever.