Tech News

• Another GeForce3 The OCZ Titan 3

Published: Thursday, July 19, 2001 | By: Dennis

I found a press release for this product at FastGraphics the other day and became quite intrigued in it. The card features a Thermaltake Blue Orb, Copper RAMsinks and enhanced core and memory speeds, 215/515 to be exact. Not sure if there is still room to play but this is still quite an improvement over the stock speed of 200/460.

• Some Drivers Have "Issues"

Published: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 | By: Dennis

Here is a funny tidbit, This morning I was having troubles with my Logitech Mouseman and decided to see if any new drivers had been posted. What I found was that some of Logitech's drivers have "issues". Here is a clip

IMPORTANT! It is urgently recommended that all users planning to upgrade to Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 should upgrade to the latest MouseWare immediately. Earlier versions of MouseWare may have issues with Service Pack 2.
    Here is a direct link

In case any Logitech employees are reading this I hate the new Mouseman styles and the ergo keyboard should have a cord.

• Silent PC??

Published: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 | By: Dennis

Not sure what they mean by this but check out the review and decide for yourself.

• New Hardware Site

Published: Monday, July 16, 2001 | By: Dennis

I'd like to welcome a new hardware site to the net, they aren't quite finished yet but really who is??

• P3 Better than P4??

Published: Monday, July 16, 2001 | By: Dennis

That is what the Inquirer has to say. It seems that Intel is holding out on a desktop version of the Tualatin P3 since they claim it will out perform a P4 running at a higher clock speed. That really comes as no surprise since the Tualatin has twice the processor cache. Plus a desktop version isn't high on the list since for now they are in a socket2 format (Xeon).

• So What Heatsink is Better

Published: Friday, July 13, 2001 | By: Dennis

The guys at ProCooling have three coolers on the grill to prove to us all what cooler is better. Pin/Fin, Copper/Alum are a combo of all.

Some interesting results

• Swedish Bikini Team Blasts Away

Published: Friday, July 13, 2001 | By: Dennis

After you have been surfing around the net awhile you realize that you can find everything you ever wanted to know about anything but a few things stand out. Girls.

Since today is the 13th I thought I might do something a little different. Enjoy the photos.

• IE an Install Option with WinXP

Published: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 | By: Dennis

Internet Explorer will finally be added to the Add/Remove Programs section of Windows XP. It is also rumored that XP will be shipped as a "clean desktop" meaning users and OEM's can add whatever they want to the desktop in effect adding personality from one company to another. We might even see Netscape or Mozilla type browsers instead of IE.

• NEC and Taiwan Semiconductor to make .10 micron chips

Published: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 | By: Dennis

It seems NEC feels the need to make some noise in the chip making market.

Of course after the announcement, Sony and Toshiba felt the need to announce even smaller chips.

• Boise firm thinks wireless

Published: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 | By: Dennis

Ridge Run, a local Boise company, seeks to make a presence in the Wireless market. This company is wholly funded by Texas Instruments. Can you say Day Trading?