After careful consideration I have decided to transfer all hardware review activities to a new domain.  I purchased Hardwareasylum.com in 2012 and have been working hard to build a new and improved Ninjalane on that domain.  If you are reading this you have reached one of the archived articles, news, projects and/or reviews that were left behind during the site migration. 

Please update your bookmarks and be sure to visit the new and improved Ninjalane at Hardwareasylum.com

• reviews
  • motherboards
  • DFI LAN Party UT NF680I LT SLI-T2R Motherboard Review
  • DFI LAN Party UT NF680I LT SLI-T2R Motherboard Review

Author:
    Published:

Conclusion

We have all seen nVidia 680i enabled motherboards in the past and just about every one of them follows a reference design spec. While this does help in quickly getting your product to market there is nothing to set it apart from anything else. DFI has always taken great pride in creating unique designs for their LanParty and Infinity series motherboards and the end result shows their care and dedication. The DFI NF680i LT is no exception, the included BIOS is very solid, overclocking is extremely easy and the included cooling options are over the top. There really isn't much else that could make this system any better.
    UV Glamour Shots
    You have to ask yourself why bother reviewing an enthusiast style motherboard that is clearly designed to be flashy without taking some flashy pictures? Below you'll find a couple of low light glamour shots of the LanParty UT NF680i LT SLI-T2R under the eerie purple glow of a black light cathode. While our Patriot memory isn't "SLI Certified" we like the heatspreaders and have been impressed with its solid performance.
    I think it is safe to say if you get a motherboard from the LanParty series you will want to show it off, in more ways than one.
    Now for the ever popular list of Good things and Bad things. happy smile
    The Good Things
    nVidia nForce 680i LT chipset
    8 SATA ports + dedicated onboard RAID controller
    Excellent set of overclocking controls
    High FSB support
    Digital Power Supply
    Debug LED
    Large Northbridge cooler
    Copper heatsinks onboard
    The Bad Things
    4x PCIe in an "unusable" location
    Large Northbridge cooler
    Couldn't hit 500Mhz FSB out of the box
    Ninjalane Rating
    I would like to thank DFI Inc. for helping to make this review possible.
    If you'd like to get one of these boards youself be sure to check out Motherboard Pro