After careful consideration I have decided to transfer all hardware review activities to a new domain.  I purchased Hardwareasylum.com in 2012 and have been working hard to build a new and improved Ninjalane on that domain.  If you are reading this you have reached one of the archived articles, news, projects and/or reviews that were left behind during the site migration. 

Please update your bookmarks and be sure to visit the new and improved Ninjalane at Hardwareasylum.com

• reviews
  • motherboards
  • DFI LanParty DK 790FXB Motherboard Review
  • DFI LanParty DK 790FXB Motherboard Review

Author:
    Published:

Benchmarks – Synthetic

Time for the benchmarks! big grin smile
    System as it was tested
    DFI LanParty DK 790FXB-M3H5
    AMD Phenom II 720 X3 Black Edition Tri Core (2.8Ghz) 6MB L3 Cache
    Thermolab Baram
    2x G.Skill F3-12800CL7D-4GBHZ DDR3 (7-7-7-18) 2gig
    VisionTek 3870 PCI Express
    Western Digital Raptor X 150GB SerialATA 10000RPM
    LG 20x Super Multi GSA-H55L
    Hiper HPU-4S730 730w power supply
    Window Vista SP1
    Reference system
    LanParty Jr X58-T3H6 Intel X58 Chipset
    Core i7 920 (2.66Ghz) 4 x 256KB L2, 8MB L3 Cache 4.8GT/s QPI
    Custom Watercooler - DangerDen TDX-MC 1/2" hose
    3x G.SKILL PI Black 6GB DDR3 (8-8-8-21)
    VisionTek 3870 PCI Express
    Western Digital Raptor X 150BG SerialATA 10000RPM
    LG 20x Super Multi GSA-H55L
    Hiper HPU-4S730 730w power supply
    Window Vista SP1
    SiSoft Sandra
    Sandra is a software collection of synthetic benchmarks that will give us a basic idea as to what a system is capable of. It should be noted that SiSoft numbers change depending on what version you have installed; these were recorded using Sandra Professional Business Version 2009.1.15.42
    Benchmark Conclusion
    Synthetic performance never really tells the entire story but is a good benchmark of what the system "could" do under the right conditions.

We used a new version of Sandra for this review and didn't have any other Phenom II systems available so the only score here that matches the reference system is memory bandwidth.  Keep in mind that the reference system is DDR2 thus showing how the relaxed DDR3 memory timings affect overall bandwidth.