News

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Unboxing & Preview @ TechPowerUp

Published: | Posted By:

Well, I guess the NVIDIA documentation didn't say anything about posting photos along with an unboxing article. and, yes before you ask NVIDIA didn't send me a GPU for launch so I’ll be stuck again reporting 2nd hand on the awesome which is RTX 30.

I should be more upset but, after getting passed over for the awesome GTX 10 series launch I just don’t care much anymore.  For me, the AIC board partner products are a little more interesting.

Image from TechPowerUp

We go hands on with the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Founders Edition, which was announced just a few days ago. This first "Ampere" card comes in an amazing packaging, that further supports the product's ultra-high-end premium look and feel. We also take a closer look at the new 12-pin power connector.

It would seem that the power connector rumors are true, the new RTX cards come with a 12-pin power connector and the overall design is really really nice.  Being that I'm the type to recommend custom PCBs over reference designs I might make an exception when it comes to the new RTX 30 Series.

Related Web URL: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-...