After careful consideration I have decided to transfer all hardware review activities to a new domain.  I purchased Hardwareasylum.com in 2012 and have been working hard to build a new and improved Ninjalane on that domain.  If you are reading this you have reached one of the archived articles, news, projects and/or reviews that were left behind during the site migration. 

Please update your bookmarks and be sure to visit the new and improved Ninjalane at Hardwareasylum.com

• reviews
  • cases
  • Cooler Master HAF 922 Case Review
  • Cooler Master HAF 922 Case Review

Author:
    Published:

Introduction

It has been almost a year since the first HAF 932 was released and really became the staple for what was to come.  The HAF 932 was an engineering mix match of different ideas rolled into a single case design. The HAF 932 also started the new design ideas that trickled down to the small Mid-Tower designs in the Cooler Master lineup.

In this review we will be looking at the Cooler Master HAF 922 Mid-Tower case.  As the name suggests we are looking at a smaller version of the original HAF 932 with the same look and bold styling. The new HAF 922 features many of the internals found in the popular CM Storm Sniper with some allowances for the water cooling features found in the HAF 932.

Quite the case, lets take a closer look.
    The Cooler Master HAF 922 is a steel bodied case that is painted with a special flat black paint and later accented with black to give the case a very smooth finish.  By comparison the look is much more refined than the HAF 932 version.
    Front expansion slots feature an all metal mesh and filters to provide ample cooling and dust filtration.  Both side panels bulge out to give the HAF922 more internal space for large fans and better cable management. 
    Specifications
    Motherboard: Micro-ATX/ATX
    Drive Bays: 5 x 5.25" External
    Drive Bays: 5 x 3.25" Internal
    Cooling: Front: 1 x 200 x 30mm Red LED Fan, Top: 1 x 200 x 30mm Standard Fan, Rear: 1 x 120 x 25mm Standard Fan, Optional Bottom: 120/140mm Fan, Side: 200mm Fan
    Front I/O Ports: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x eSATA, 1 x MIC, 1 x Audio  
    Net Weight: 24 pounds
    Dimensions: (L)22.8 x (W)11.2 x (H)21.7 inches
    Expansion Slots: 8