After careful consideration I have decided to transfer all hardware review activities to a new domain.  I purchased Hardwareasylum.com in 2012 and have been working hard to build a new and improved Ninjalane on that domain.  If you are reading this you have reached one of the archived articles, news, projects and/or reviews that were left behind during the site migration. 

Please update your bookmarks and be sure to visit the new and improved Ninjalane at Hardwareasylum.com

• reviews
  • cases
  • Cooler Master HAF 922 Case Review
  • Cooler Master HAF 922 Case Review

Author:
    Published:

Case Layout & Features Cont.

The Cooler Master HAF 922 is sticking with the reverse case design that features the power supply at the bottom of the case. The PSU pulls cool air from under the chassis to help cool the PSU internals and then exhausts it outside of the case. This also helps to reduce any additional heat load from the PSU from leaching into the case.
    Another feature that just keeps getting better and better is the cable management system placed in all of the newer high-end Cooler Master cases. Running along the side of the PSU area you will find a large hole cut to run the PSU cables through and up the back side of the motherboard tray.
    Cooler Master has stepped the HAF 922 into a bold new frontier for system builders and OEMs by providing an additional expansion slot on the outside of the expansion slot area. This allows for use of the extra motherboard expansion I/O ports without worrying of multi-GPU setups getting in the way.
    This is truly one of those things that should have been done a long time ago and makes good use of the wasted space inside the case.  Time to finally use all of those left over expansion I/O ports sitting in their motherboard box.
    The tool less scene has been all the rage in Cooler Master cases for a while and was heavily used in the HAF 932. Well, in a strange twist of events the tool less expansion card locking system is missing from the 922. We do not miss it thought having usually opted to remove the tool less options in favor of old fashioned screws.
    The day of removing a motherboard in order to install a sturdy heatsink mounting system is over. Cooler Master has opened this area up to allow for quick installation of new heatsinks without taking a motherboard out.