After careful consideration I have decided to transfer all hardware review activities to a new domain.  I purchased Hardwareasylum.com in 2012 and have been working hard to build a new and improved Ninjalane on that domain.  If you are reading this you have reached one of the archived articles, news, projects and/or reviews that were left behind during the site migration. 

Please update your bookmarks and be sure to visit the new and improved Ninjalane at Hardwareasylum.com

• reviews
  • cases
  • Cooler Master HAF 922 Case Review
  • Cooler Master HAF 922 Case Review

Author:
    Published:

Conclusion

Cooler Master really seemed to listen to its customers on the HAF 922 design by responding with improvements in most areas that the larger HAF 932 lacked in. Cable management is one area of improvement, here you have many places to run cables behind the motherboard tray and built in spots for cable ties that really helps to clean up the case internals.  Tool less design is very important when it makes sense the lack of tool less clips for expansion cards is a huge bonus in our book.

Then Cooler Master took a common sense approach to the HAF 922 by adding an additional expansion slot to a normally wasted area inside a case. This allows for all kinds of things to be mounting there such as soundcards, I/O expansion ports, Fans, etc. This is something that OEM and system builders will love especially if using a multi-GPU system setup.

Like any great product there is going to be short comings. The HAF 922 really didn't have too many of these at all. Still the lack of a Firewire and more USB ports on the Front I/O Panel was disappointing. Also the lack of being able to use a triple 120mm fan radiator like the HAF 932 was a disappointment as well. Still given a case of this size it is very understandable.
    Good Things
    Great airflow inside the case
    Great cable management system
    Secure expansion slot area using thumbscrews
    Easy setup for water cooling
    Clean more refined case over the HAF 932
    The extra expansion slot options
    Easier pallet to work with for the modding community
    Bad Things
    Only real radiator option to use is 2 x 120mm
    Lack of Firewire and 2 x USB connectors on Front I/O Panel
    Interior not being all black like the exterior
    Ninjalane Rating
    We would like to thank Cooler Master for helping to make this review possible