After careful consideration I have decided to transfer all hardware review activities to a new domain.  I purchased Hardwareasylum.com in 2012 and have been working hard to build a new and improved Ninjalane on that domain.  If you are reading this you have reached one of the archived articles, news, projects and/or reviews that were left behind during the site migration. 

Please update your bookmarks and be sure to visit the new and improved Ninjalane at Hardwareasylum.com

• reviews
  • video
  • MSI GTX550 Ti Cyclone OC Video Card Review
  • MSI GTX550 Ti Cyclone OC Video Card Review

Author:
    Published:

Introduction

At this point in time I hope everyone who has been looking at the GeForce GTX 550 Ti would have already seen the reference and even some of the overclocked versions by now.  If not, please check out some of the cards we have already reviewed.

In this review we are going to try something a little different and look at one of the more unique GTX 550 Ti cards on the market the MSI GTX550-Ti Cyclone II.  The one thing that makes this card different is the extreme nature of GPU cooler which can improve both overclocking and longevity of the card.  So without summing everything up in the intro let's just say we are going to focus on the awesome cooling of this card and look at the benefits of overclocking between the factory overclocks of this card and more relaxed performance of the reference GTX 550 Ti.
    Specifications
    Fabrication Process: 40nm
    Core Clock: 952MHz
    Shader Clock: 1903MHz
    Stream Processors: 192 units
    ROP Units: 24
    Texture Filtering Units: 32
    Memory Interface: 192-bit
    Memory Amount/Type: 1GB/GDDR5 Memory
    Memory Clock: 1089MHz (4356MHz effective)
    Memory Bandwidth:104.5 GB/s
    DirectX Compliance: 11
    Connection: 16x PCI Express 2.0
    Form Factor: Dual Slot
    Multi-GPU Support: SLI
    Model: N550GTX-Ti Cyclone OC
    Warranty: 3 Year Warranty