After careful consideration I have decided to transfer all hardware review activities to a new domain.  I purchased Hardwareasylum.com in 2012 and have been working hard to build a new and improved Ninjalane on that domain.  If you are reading this you have reached one of the archived articles, news, projects and/or reviews that were left behind during the site migration. 

Please update your bookmarks and be sure to visit the new and improved Ninjalane at Hardwareasylum.com

• reviews
  • video
  • Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 Video Card Review
  • Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 Video Card Review

Author:
    Published:

Features and Accessories.

Cooling
    Sapphire strayed away from the ATI reference design for the HD 4670 in few ways. Those would include color, design, and one huge glaring one, the cooling system. Sapphire decided to use an Ultra Low Noise Dual Slot Active Cooler to keep this graphics card heat in check. The heatsink is an all aluminum design with a large fan to keep noise to a minimum.

With the fan rated at less than 20dBa you begin to wonder if gaming is the only thing you can do with this card?.  Well in fact it may just be perfect for a HTPC application.
    The large fan does an excellent job at keeping the Radeon HD 4670 on the lower end of the temperature scale while it is toasting through our gaming benchmarks. 
    I/O Connectors
    The I/O output connectors are in the following order of DVI-I, HDMI, and D-SUB VGA. With these connectors the Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 will allow full usage of any kind of display available on the market today.   Hooking the Radeon HD 4670 into any home theater system is a snap and can be done in a number of different ways.  The easiest and most trouble free is by using the included HDMI connection.  That way you can also get the full 7.1 Audio from the connection as well.
    Accessories
    Included in the box you will find a Crossfire Bridge connector, manual for quick installation, software, and drivers.

The included software suite helps to show off the Blu-ray/HD abilities of the Radeon HD 4670 and UVD 2.  The Unified Video Decoder 2 allows the Radeon HD 4670 to speed up HD video content with using less CPU cycles. The Radeon HD 4670 can also upscale Blu-ray movies to1080p and beyond that with higher resolution displays.

All of these abilities don't just come from the Radeon HD 4670 itself which is why Sapphire has included so much great software.

AMD Ruby ROM is more or less a marketing disc of images and other things that AMD gives out with their cards to give the customer something to check out.

CyberLink PowerDVD allows the customer to watch regular DVD and Blu-ray/HD DVD movies on the PC. This version also uses the Radeon HD 4670 HD play back features to enhance the HD experience.

CyberLink DVD Suite is a program that allows the customer to create and edit movies of their family, or what not on their PC.

Sapphire Installation Driver CD is for helping install the Radeon HD 4670 Catalyst driver onto the customers PC. Ninjalane would always recommend going to AMD/ATI website and downloading the newest Catalyst driver for the best performance out of the Radeon HD 4670.