After careful consideration I have decided to transfer all hardware review activities to a new domain.  I purchased Hardwareasylum.com in 2012 and have been working hard to build a new and improved Ninjalane on that domain.  If you are reading this you have reached one of the archived articles, news, projects and/or reviews that were left behind during the site migration. 

Please update your bookmarks and be sure to visit the new and improved Ninjalane at Hardwareasylum.com

• reviews
  • video
  • Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 Video Card Review
  • Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 Video Card Review

Author:
    Published:

Specifications and Test Setup

Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 GDDR4 Specifications
    Core Clock: 750MHz
    Stream Processors: 320 units
    Memory Interface: 128-bit
    Memory Amount/Type: 512MB/GDDR4 Memory
    Memory Clock: 1100MHz (2.2GHz effective)
    DirectX Compliance: 10.1
    Shader Model: 4.1
    Connection: PCI Express 2.0 16x
    Multi-GPU Support: CrossfireX
    Power Management Support: ATI PowerPlay Technology
    System as it was tested
    Intel i7 920 Processor @ 4GHz
    Foxconn X58 BloodRage Motherboard
    3 x 2GB of DDR3 1600 RAM
    Seagate 7200.11 1TB Hard Drive
    Windows Vista 32-bit w/SP1
    Catalyst 9.1 Drivers
    Video Cards
    Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 w/512MB GDDR4
    ATI Radeon HD 4850 w/512MB GDDR3
    The testing setup used in our reviews features a higher end system that anyone might have however does not reflect the exact buying audience of all the graphic card owners systems. The reason for this is to minimize any kind of bottlenecks from the system as they can interfere with the performance of the graphic card.

We are using the Radeon HD 4850 512MB of DDR3 RAM as the baseline card for our testing. The 4850's are a strong performing video card with a very good price range. It sits in the $130-$160 price range and is on the bottom of the high-end graphic cards segment. 

With all that being said the Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 is being pitted against the Radeon HD 4850 to illustrate a bang for the buck between the two cards. Is the Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 strong enough to satisfy most thrifty gamers for under $100?

Lets find out!