After careful consideration I have decided to transfer all hardware review activities to a new domain.  I purchased Hardwareasylum.com in 2012 and have been working hard to build a new and improved Ninjalane on that domain.  If you are reading this you have reached one of the archived articles, news, projects and/or reviews that were left behind during the site migration. 

Please update your bookmarks and be sure to visit the new and improved Ninjalane at Hardwareasylum.com

• reviews
  • video
  • Gainward Ultra 760XP GeForce FX 5600 Ultra Video Card Review
  • Gainward Ultra 760XP GeForce FX 5600 Ultra Video Card Review

Author:
    Published:

Unreal Tournament 2003

Unreal Tournament 2003. UT2003 comes with a built in benchmarking tool that allows you to run a series of timedemos and records the score for you. The benchmark was run with a few modifications.

MaxDetail.ini file
    MinDesiredFrameRate = 0
    UseTripleBuffering = True
    UseCompressedLightmaps = False

A small batch file was created to run the desired demos at the pre-determined resolutions. Email us if you would like a copy of this benchmarking script.
    Same benchmark with AA/AF set to 4x via the video drivers.
    The benchmark results are very interesting. The botmatch demos begin to show a CPU limitation thus maxing out framerates. I would call this a real-world example. The flyby demos are more realistic of the overall video card performance since they remove the processor dependency.

The FX5600 Ultra really takes off when the AA/AF is turned on but only in the lower resolutions. The shocking part is how well the Ti4400 actually keeps up.