News

Microsoft now owns The Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Doom @ PCGamer

Published: | Posted By:

So, this seemed to have come from left field.  How is it that NVIDIA buying ARM could be leaked 6 months before it happened and yet Microsoft buying the parent company to one of the better game developers on the planet slip by me??

Well, I blame stock market insiders for the NVIDIA thing and it seems I need more tipsters to stay on top of the Microsoft thing.  Come to think of it, I don't get many tips anymore which is sad since that is how you get the juiciest stuff.  happy smile

Bethesda’s games have always had a special place on Xbox and in the hearts of millions of gamers around the world," he said. "Our teams have a close and storied history working together, from the amazing first DOOM, and its id Tech engine, innovating games on PCs to Bethesda bringing their first console game to the original Xbox, the groundbreaking The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Over the years I’ve had many deep conversations with the creative leaders at Bethesda on the future of gaming and we’ve long shared similar visions for the opportunities for creators and their games to reach more players in more ways.

Xbox boss Phil Spencer

Lets hope they make things better for Bethesda with even better game titles and something "new" instead of just re-skinning games to take advantage of the GTA effect.

Related Web URL: https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-now-owns-the-eld...