Tech News

• 4 Day Dos on RIAA.org

Published: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 | By: Dennis

The DOS came shortly after the group endorsed legislation to allow copyright holders to disrupt peer-to-peer networks.

When asked about the DOS some guy over there had this to say.

" "Don't they have something better to do during the summer than hack our site?" asked the RIAA representative, who asked not to be identified. "Perhaps it at least took 10 minutes away from stealing music.""

So not only are they fighting for the wrong side but they are naive as well.

• Nvidia Says to Stock Up

When I read this for the first time I thought nVidia had something up their sleeve but they are just looking out for their contractors.

• Details on Intel Price Cuts

In September Intel is planning a price cut for the current production versions of Pentium 4 processors. Digitimes has the scoop and has posted a detailed graph showing prices before and after the cuts. I’d say if you are in the market for a P4 and can wait until September you should.

• Enter the Ninja

This site has everything you wanted to know about the ninja but were afraid to step out of the shadows long enough to ask. Go ahead; check them out I dare ya tongue smile

• Techware Labs

Published: Monday, July 29, 2002 | By: Dennis

Techware Labs is now open to the general public and even features a snazzy new site design. In case you didn't know the owner of Techware Labs used to run Hardware Pub until the domain name was hijacking due to an incident with their registrar.

• AGP 4x vs. 8x - Whats the Big Deal??

Using a SiS648 reference board and a Xaber400 video card the crew at HardwareZone attempt to find out. The results are surprising yet somewhat un-encouraging considering where the performance gain is.

• Get ready for the LPGT&A

This almost sounds like a happpy gilmore approach to the LPGA, check out some of these requirements.

"The time allotted to search for a lost ball will be increased from 5 to 10 minutes. However, there is a caveat: You must wait until the camera is on you before bending over."

There are a few more check them out. tongue smile

• Away For the Weekend

Published: Friday, July 26, 2002 | By: Dennis

Well it's going to be a long weekend for me starting tomorrow i've just got to get away wink smile. I'll update the World News section before I leave and if all goes well I'll be back Sunday.

Keep it real and feel free to send in your tech news or funny stuff for posting in Mondays news update. Oh also make sure to check out the Forums I've added a few minor enhancements but what we really need is new members.

• The Big Book of Sign Language

Published: Thursday, July 25, 2002 | By: Dennis

I almost died laughing after seeing some of the signs they are showing. Not really work friendly but you could prolly get away with it.

"revised, expanded, fully up-to-date illustrated manual of contemporary American sign language, sometimes referred to as "finger spelling"."

• Falling Space Rocks!

Published: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 | By: Dennis

According to this article at the BBC News astronomers predict a near Earth asteroid impact on 1 February, 2019.

"Astronomers have given the object a rating on the so-called Palermo technical scale of threat of 0.06, making NT7 the first object to be given a positive value. "

It makes an orbit around the sun every 2.2 years so more will be known before the impact date.