Tech News

• Athlon XP 2200+ "Thoroughbred" Review @ HotHardware

Published: Monday, June 10, 2002 | By: Dennis

This is a pretty good review with lots of figures and information on the new processor from AMD. Initial reports have shown it not to be a very good overclocker. sad smile

• Athlon XP Processor 2200+ Released Today

Big news from the AMD camp the Athlon XP processor 2200+ with QuantiSpeed and built on the 0.13 micron technology. I have yet to see the core but I'm guessing it will be easier to crush now. tongue smile

"About the AMD Athlon™ XP Processor
    The AMD Athlon XP processor features QuantiSpeed architecture, 384KB of on-chip, full-speed cache, and support for AMD's 3DNow!™ Professional instructions for enhanced multimedia capabilities. The AMD Athlon XP processor is compatible with AMD's Socket A infrastructure, and supports the advanced 266MHz front-side bus. AMD Athlon XP processors are manufactured using AMD's 0.13-micron copper process technology in Fab 30 in Dresden, Germany. "

• phj34r my l4ck of n3w5

Sorry for the lack of new news but having your wisdom teeth removed isn't one of the nicest things to have happen to you. Though on the plus side they give you some pretty good drugs. big grin smile

Look for some updates in the AM.

• Mozilla 1.0 Released

Published: Thursday, June 6, 2002 | By: Dennis

And it looks like their site got slashdotted and is no longer responding. One of these days I would like to get slashdotted but that's another story.

Mozilla 1.0 is a major milestone for the open source browser that marks a new beginning for Netscape and Mozilla's sponsor, AOL. If rumors are true AOL might ditch IE in favor of Netscape thus sparking another browser war, considering that AOL owns Netscape it really sounds like a logical step in the right direction.

• How to Annoy teh l33t

This is a petty funny page but considering that the second single most popular page here at Ninjalane is the l33t Dictionary I'm not going to read to much into it.

• The Best of Computex

Much like at the state fair people that display their wares get a prize if its really good. (not sure if booth babes count in the judging) Digitimes has posted the award winners. Top prize goes to Z-Com for their XV-5300/5800 an IEEE 802.11a/b-supporting wireless LAN card and access point.

• Computex Day 3 @ t-break

Published: Wednesday, June 5, 2002 | By: Dennis

It would appear that the first 2 days at Computex are the most exciting with the 3rd being kind of uneventful. After once again oversleeping the t-break guys hit the expo floor and visited with some other top name companies. They include iWill, Gainward (notice the tbreak award), Gigabyte, Albetron, and ECS. On a side note I've noticed a growing number of "silver" motherboards from this show. I gather the Triplex gang is making hella bank.

• Anandtech Computex Day 3

This is a short article for the Anandtech crew but as always is really informative. It turns out that ATI was pissed with VIA about showing the R300 so today they replaced it with a GeForce2. The rest of the article is pretty boring except for the ATI R300 and ATI RV250 stuff. (almost seems like Anand likes the ATI) tongue smile

"Yesterday we brought you pictures of ATI's R300 running in VIA's booth and as we originally guessed it, VIA shouldn't have been showing off the card. It turns out that ATI ended up getting quite upset with VIA but in the end the running R300 card should have been embraced by ATI as some very good PR. Today a visit to VIA's booth revealed an ASUS GeForce2 card running in place of the R300. "

• Dual Prestonia Action

This comes at no suprise really except that they are on a VIA P4X266 chipset. shock smile DDRZone has the photos, go forth and check it out.

• ATI vs. nVidia: Video Wars

Being that I own nVidia stock I shouldn't go around pimping the ATI action but, the R300 sounds just too good. Considering it's the dev card for Doom 3 and is faster then the GF4 (unconfirmed at this point) the nVidia camp might be playing ketchup. tongue smile Yes I spelled it right, its a joke.