After careful consideration I have decided to transfer all hardware review activities to a new domain.  I purchased Hardwareasylum.com in 2012 and have been working hard to build a new and improved Ninjalane on that domain.  If you are reading this you have reached one of the archived articles, news, projects and/or reviews that were left behind during the site migration. 

Please update your bookmarks and be sure to visit the new and improved Ninjalane at Hardwareasylum.com

• reviews
  • video
  • Palit GeForce GTS 250 Video Card Review
  • Palit GeForce GTS 250 Video Card Review

Author:
    Published:

Card Layout and Features

The Palit GTS 250 is working off the old 9800GTX reference design all the way down to the same green PCB color and dual cooler design. This design has been right from the get go even in the 8800GTS 512 days. So why mess up a good thing.
    On the backside of the Palit GTS 250 there is nothing out of the ordinary. We can see that all of the GDDR3 RAM is on the GPU side of the card leaving the back relatively clean.  The NVidia's green PCB seems to be doing well for Palit though we can hope for additional colors in the future.  
    The Palit GTS 250 is 16x PCI-Express 2.0 compliant. Don't worry it is backwards compatible with 16x PCI-Express 1.0 and even 8x speed PCI-Express.
    The Palit GTS 250 has two DVI-I with Dual Link DVI capabilities. Also with a converter the Palit GTS 250 will be able to use Analog connection and HDMI with audio pass through.
    Here is the pass through connector for HDMI audio.  This gives HDMI the ability to carry audio with the video stream through the HDMI connection from the motherboard or sound card.
    The Palit GTS 250 comes with a single 6-pin connector to supply the 150 watts it needs to operate. This of course is 75 watts over what the motherboard PCI-Express connection can handle.

Take notice that the connector is located on the side of the GTS 250 so to help with cable routing and overall cleanliness.